This may be the best opportunity in decades to be a first time home buyer. Prices and interest rates are at historic lows. There are still aggressive programs available.
So what do you need to know to start the process of buying your first home?
Our Free Credit Analysis program will tell if your credit is ready for a home loan.
- Did you know that free credit reports online will not be accurate for buying a home.
- Beware of credit repair and debt consolidations scams.
- Paying off a derogatory item on your credit may do more harm than good.
- What are the rules if you have had a bankruptcy?
- What are some easy fixes to your credit score?
- Do you have enough credit?
Documenting your income is very important. We need to look at it for the last 2 years. Let us help you analyze it.
- What is your work history for the last 2 years?
- Are you self employed?
- Can other sources of income be used for qualifying?
- Are you disabled or retired?
Your money to close needs to be documented. Sometimes this can be very tricky, especially if you are getting help from a relative. Let us help you create a solid paper trail of money so your loan approval is a no brainer.
- Do you have enough money in the bank to buy a home?
- Do you have a source of gift funds from a relative?
- Is your money still in cash and not deposited in the bank?
- Is down payment assistance available in the town that you want to live in?